Odoo juurutamine

Managing expectations

The gap between the reality of an implementation and the expectations of future users is a crucial factor. Three important aspects must be taken into account from the beginning of the project:

  • Align with the project approach: Both a clear division of roles and responsibilities and a clear description of the operating modes (validation, problem-solving, etc.) are crucial to the success of an Odoo implementation. It is therefore strongly advised to take the necessary time at the beginning of the project to align with these topics and regularly check that this is still the case.
    Focus on the project success, not on the ideal solution: The main goal of the SPoC and the Consultant is to carry out the project entrusted to them in order to provide the most effective solution to meet the needs expressed. This goal can sometimes conflict with the end user's vision of an ideal solution. In that case, the SPoC and the consultant will apply the 80-20 rule: focus on 80% of the expressed needs and take out the remaining 20% of the most disadvantageous objectives in terms of cost/benefit ratio (those proportions can of course change over time). Therefore, it will be considered acceptable to integrate a more time-consuming manipulation if a global relief is noted. Changes in business processes may also be proposed to pursue this same objective.
  • Specifications are always EXPLICIT: Gaps between what is expected and what is delivered are often a source of conflict in a project. In order to avoid being in this delicate situation, we recommend using several types of tools* 

  • The GAP Analysis: The comparison of the request with the standard features proposed by Odoo will make it possible to identify the gap to be filled by developments/customizations or changes in business processes.

  • The User Story: This technique clearly separates the responsibilities between the SPoC, responsible for explaining the WHAT, the WHY and the WHO, and the Consultant who will provide a response to the HOW.
  • The Proof of Concept A simplified version, a prototype of what is expected to agree on the main lines of expected changes.

  • The Mockup: In the same idea as the Proof of Concept, it will align with the changes related to the interface.

To these tools will be added complete transparency on the possibilities and limitations of the software and/or its environment so that all project stakeholders have a clear idea of what can be expected/achieved in the project. We will, therefore, avoid basing our work on hypotheses without verifying its veracity beforehand.


Saada kiri

Vastame kirjale 24h jooksul
Email again: